Friday, June 5, 2009

God and Me

Transitions are difficult for most people I would think. However, with my family it seems that some are in a constant state of transition. This probably does not give sleepless nights to the young, but to "Mom" it can be tough.

Comings and goings call for a greater strength than necessary for the status quo. This kind of lifestyle demands flexibility and a tougher hide in the face of new circumstances and uncharted territory. There was a time in my life when that strength was a part of me...now, age, maturity, reality or whatever, seems to give me moments of pause. I do analyze and over-analyze people and my life in general. Good trait? Not really. Much superfluous time is spend in the "worry closet." Time wasted there actually.

It seems that it's once again come my time to take the wheel and drive. Unfortunately, I can't drive the lives of those I love. They are at their own wheel....and that SCARES me. So I consistently call on God to BE God so that I can relax and know that HE'S God and I'm not. There is a good feeling in knowing that I'm not alone in this life. I doubt I could have made it through without knowing God to be "up there" and even "down here." It's nice to have someone who loves me as I am...warts and all.

I'm thankful to God for his blessings and even for the trials that require my giving everything over to him time and time again. Otherwise "Life" is just another 4-letter word!

No comments:

Post a Comment