Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ups and Downs

There are few days that go by...what am I saying? Few minutes that go by that I don't feel barraged with that roller-coaster feeling. You know what I mean...when I think of something great, then immediately think of something awful? Today I'm reminded that I have so many blessings in my life, yet still I feel a sense of foreboding. Am I a depressed person? No. Actually, I would consider myself the opposite. I'm quite happy, but a total realist. And to me, being a realist is tantamount to a somewhat negative outlook. I need to constantly remind myself, or be reminded, that "everything is good." I'm most happy when my family is happy. If I know that anyone in my family or extended network of friends has a problem, I have a problem. Is it the nurturing "Mommy" in me? Possibly. Probably. I tend to want to "mother" everyone. And I'm not good with tough love. I know it works...I WATCH DR. PHIL!! But it is much easier said that done...for me.

So here I go up the roller-coaster, "knowing" that it will soon plumet and I will lose that "high" that I felt while on top. I anticipate the downfall, which precludes me from enjoying fully the upside of life. Woe is me...poor thing. (sarcastic smile)

But I'm ready each day to get my ticket and get back on the ride because, let's face it...roller-coasters are FUN!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're just full of love. You care deeply and you're always open to letting someone new into your heart. Unfortunately loving people comes with trials and let-downs. But in the end, the love pays off ;)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Latese. So sorry I read your reply so late. I have SO MANY social networks that sometimes I forget that I have this one! :)

    thank you, sweetie...you're a doll!

    LOVE YOU MORE!

    ReplyDelete