Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ravings of a Chronic Insomniac

The quietest time of the day seems to be 3 in the morning
All the normal people are sleeping and dreaming away
But we insomniacs bang our heads, ponder our lives
Find there is nothing much we're good at...why?
Cuz we're sleepy!


We inwardly hate those of you who can nod off at any time
Hearing your snores of slumber makes us want to secretly kill you
But we don't because we know it is WE who are weird and not you...why?
Cuz we're exhausted!


Oh you hateful dark god of sleep, what did I do to offend you?
Are there just so many hours of sleep to go around, so I get jipped? I hate you bedroom! I hate you bed!! And you mock me....because?


Somehow I've attached unnatural feelings to an inanimate object and room because, well, I can't remember now, I'm tired, I'm wired, my heart's pumping at 130 now I KNOW IT!!


Did I wash that shirt? Oh no, where's that bill...did I pay it? Now what if....one of my children gets seriously ill or marries someone who hates me and whom I hate? What will happen then? What was my 1st grade teacher's name? Ah yes, Mrs. Boyd! HA-HA!! I got you, you tiny missing brain cell sneaking off because I'm delirious from lack of sleep.


Where are my pills? Why do I care, they don't work anyway. I should have planned better when I was young. I've gained weight and now I'm hideous...what IS that stain on the rug??


My skin itches...but I know it's just playing a wicked game with me
There is no real itch to scratch, just something to annoy me and keep me awake.

I have to get up in TWO HOURS and be around people who have slept and dreamed and probably even drank coffee before bedtime but still have no trouble sleeping now WHY IS THAT thou MISTRESS OF UNREST?


Chipper people speaking of things they did "last night" and talking of watching the 11:00 news and taking their books to bed only to fall asleep during the first three pages. You people are driving me MAD!!
WHY???


Because I'm TIRED AND SLEEPY AND FRUSTRATED AND FEELING VERY VICTIMIZED BY THIS STUPID EVERY DAY OCCURANCE THAT ALMOST EVERYONE TAKES FOR GRANTED BUT FOR ME IT WOULD BE HEAVEN JUST TO......SLEEP.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. Ha! this is could have been written by Lamar he never sleeps....I've been slipping him about 3 valerian root per night and I helps a little....
    I enjoyed you blog...take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment, Jilma. Pardon my late response. Yes, as I remember Lamar, his mind is always racing, too. Takes one to know one I guess. Believe me...anything that gives relief will only be short-lived...then we're back in the rat-race of our minds again! Not such a bad thing, Einstein only slept 3-4 hours a night my doc told me...so good company for Lamar AND me. :)

    ReplyDelete